Cardiff University Fencing Club
Committee Meeting - 09/10/13
Edward Sibert - President
Joshua Green - Secretary
Rosemary Beeston - Women’s Captain
Thomas Brien - Armourer
George Hawksworth - Men’s Captain
Lauren Kearney - Social SecretaryA
Amy Radford - Vice President/ Treasurer
Topics of Discussion:
- Budget Discrepancies
- Kukri Clothing
- General State of Club (Socials / Atmosphere etc)
Several people owe the club money for BUCS individuals last year, to be paid ASAP. These people include:
- Lydia (£20.40) (BUCS)
- Elen (£31.40) (BUCS)
- Amy (£31.40) (BUCS)
- Lucy (£31.40) (BUCS)
- Stephen (£31.40) (BUCS) and (£14) (LIUF)
- Reggie (£7) (LIUF)
- We had -£686.00 at the end of 12/13 Academic Year.
- HPP has not been paid to the club.
- The £ 50 deposit given to the Owain Glyndwr (pub) needs retrieving by Max (being looked into).
- According to the AU, we only applied for £ 332.00, we actually applied for £ 1247.50. This needs to be chased up ASAP with the Union.
- The committee present looked at designs that Kurki offer.
- The online customisation system is currently down, on Kukri’s website. We will wait until this is resolved, so that we can decide together as a committee on our next steps with regards to kit.
- Some of the new members have not paid, as of yet. The committee are reminded to keep pushing this fact at every training session.
- Welsh Unis, apparently at Bangor this year. There has been no confirmation as of yet.
- A healthy supply of new members has been observed each week so far.